May 4, 2007

I'll Take '1000' Alex

Alex: Remember each correct answer (in the form of a question) will contain the numerical value "One Thousand" Good luck, players!

AJ: I'd like 1000 for 400, Alex.

Alex: Blood work, X-rays, Medicine and other treatments.

AJ: What is 'How much does it cost when you take your dog to the vet because she's been vomiting, peeing and diarrhea'ing all over your house for the last 12 hours?"

That's right. Yesterday morning Roxy blessed us all. She has spread her love all over the house and all over the various types of flooring. She's not particular. The carpet, ceramic tiles and hardwood have all been hit by her explosive rear end.

Our very on-point vet thinks that she's got a parasite of some stripe, so he's prescribed deworming medication and a broadband anti-parasite medicine for her. She doesn't like her medication, so I've had to resort to chasing her through the house with a pill coated in peanut butter on my finger, pinning her down, and smearing it on the roof of her mouth so she'll swallow it.

Honestly, I wasn't counting on having to pay 1000 dollars for this visit to the vet. But, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'd never forgive myself if she ended up dead because I thought "oh, it's just a case of diarrhea, she'll get over it." I've seen her regular diarrhea and it's nothing like what was spread all over the house these past 24 hours. I'm happy to report she's on the mend and her energy levels and rambunctiousness have returned to almost normal.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

I have no words, but in internet speak, lmaowrofajuadlol. Because pets are worse than children and more expensive because they never grow up to get jobs.