October 11, 2007

Gettin' Jiggy With With

As Roxy and I were riding the elevator up to the Condo last night, it stopped on G1. A very nice Russian (or from one the former Soviet --stans) lady got in the elevator with us. We started talking about Roxy (*wag**wag**wag*), and what a pretty girl she is (*wag,wag,wag,wag,wag,wag*), and how social and full of energy she is (*tailexplodes*).

Now, I was a little unsure what this lady was doing in the elevator with us, because I told her that the elevator was going up and she clearly stated that she needed to go down. As we exited on our floor, a man entered the still up-bound elevator. As I was putting my key into the door I heard the following conversation between the Russistani and the Guy.

Russistani: OH! This elevator is going up?
Guy: Yeah.
Russistani: Oh, OK. I'll ride you.

Here's a little tip for you nice Russistani woman: Prepositions like "with" are not really optional in English. Because, I'm sure you really didn't mean what you said. But, it was funny and the highlight of my day.

1 comment:

Brian M. Conrad said...

Yeah, grammar humor rocks. Kick ass!