October 2, 2007

Weekend Update

I would love to say that I had a super-hyper-productive-monkey-force-go! weekend, but it was pretty lazy.

Friday I headed out to Thaiphoon (lame name, great food) with a couple of friends. This is a good thing. Thaiphoon is one of my favorite restaurants -- the cashew chicken is superb. It also doesn't hurt that it's located next to the Pentagon City Mall Super Complex Of Fun Shopping. I broke my rule about going into a GameStop, but surprise I couldn't find the game I was looking for.

Saturday was more of the same. Princess HotMuffin came up to visit me, and I'm happy to report that she's completely over her many illnesses. We had planned to go to several stores and run some errands, but we got as far as AC Moore and decided we were too tired. We went back home, ordered Chinese food and watched Dr. Who on DVR. (The muffin claims that Dr. Who is Dr. Who-ier at my place.) I did 'come alive' around 10 and did some chores around the place, but that was short lived. By 10:45 I was in bed watching Bones Season 2.

I managed to be a bit more productive on Sunday -- a few loads of laundry, got several errands run, took out the trash. I also got a new quilt. It's green. And plaid. And I love it. The best part is that it's lightweight, so the Major can't complain that it's too hot. He's happy sleeping with nothing but the sheet in -10 degree weather. I like a nice comforter in 70 degree weather. This should solve that problem. Other than the insomnia on Sunday night, I had a very restful and relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Brian M. Conrad said...

Hey - I want a supercool nickname like Major or Princess Hotmuffin! Wait a minute. I am just now remembering the nickname you put to me in College...

Forget it.