August 18, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

So the other day, I got home from work -- completely exhausted as usual. The dog's running around the house like she's never let out of her crate and the cat is hiding some where but still meowing at the top of his lungs. I rifle through the mail to see if anything good came. It didn't. But I did get this nice and pretty shiny silver envelope from Verizon Wireless (my cell provider). They want to give me a free gift for being such good customer. They want me to know how much they value me and my business. I open the shiny envelope and I've won an Oscar! Whoo-Hooo. I'd like to thank the members of the Academy.

OK, back to reality. They actually gave me 100 free Anytime Minutes -- that have to be redeemed by November xx, 2006 or they're gone. Now, I'm on the family share plan, and my better (or not so better, depending on your point of view) half and I don't come anywhere near using all our minutes each month. So, they've basically given us a gift that they know we can't use. Add in the fact that I've been with these people for 6 years, and I had to go through customer service hell to get my "deposit" back from when I first signed up with them, I'm completely underwhelmed with them. In fact, you could say, instead of impresing me with their company and corporate do-goodness, they actually managed to remind me of all the reason why I think they're a horrible company. So, Verizon Wireless:

Suck It!

*it's too bad you have the best coverage in the Metro Area or I'd ditch your sorry butts.

No comments: