July 18, 2007

Shelter In Place

I am getting really sick of all the Harry Potter headlines all over the internet these days. Specifically, the headlines that say "ending leaked" or "entire text posted on BitTorrent" or "click here for spoilers" or "Who lives? Who dies?". Am I going to have to stay off the internet all together until after I finish reading this book?

I understand that some people just don't get the Harry Potter thing. I also understand that some people are just anti-social punks that like to ruin things for other people. But come on, these books have gotten pretty much the whole world to start reading again. Not to mention that J.K has made herself a very wealthy woman from the power of her imagination, and 10 years ago she was dirt poor and struggling. These idiots need to show some respect or I'm going to have to get a posse of people and go around clubbing punks in the crotch with the bristly end of an ice scraper.

No comments: