December 8, 2006

Misadventuring with AJ

Most people have adventures that involve doing cool things, like exploring a new city, or checking out a new store. Some people even take a whole bunch of illegal drugs and go out to Nation and dance the night away. I am not one of these people.

Instead, I'm a person that the following happens to. Tuesday I got home a little bit late from work because the metro was all snarked up. I run into the house, free the dog and then run to the restroom cause after sitting on public transportation is enough to make anyone want to pee. I'm in such a hurry to get the dog out before she turns the sofa into a port-o-let, that I just grab her stuff. I stop just outside the door to make sure I have my keys -- when the dog jerks a little bit away from the door, which is just enough to through me off balance and cause the door to close all the way. locked. with my keys on the other side.

I decide to make the best of this situation and I take the dog out for a good long walk. She ran and played with her friends from about 6 until 7:30. Everyone went in from the tennis court then because it was just too cold to be outside any longer. I figured surely the Major would be home by now. Nope. I walked over to Neil's hoping he'd be home so I could grab my spare key. Not home either.

Now, I can't call anyone becuase my cell ran out of juice and it's inside charging -- and I don't actually know anyone's number: they're all programmed into my phonebook. I obviously can't trust that the Major will come home anytime in the foreseeable future because he's still avoiding me. I had to use my smartrip (i.e. my metrocard ... the one that I had just put $40.00 on) to jimmy the door open. Of course, the smartrip broke. Of course, I'm going to have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the money off of the broken card and onto a new one.

But, I'm glad I did it. It would have been $60.00 cheaper than a locksmith. And the Major didn't come home for another 1.5 hours.

No comments: