December 8, 2006

Week in Review

Sunday

  • Getting rid of the cold sore that ate my face
  • Cold and blustery
  • Not speaking with the Major
  • Finishing HTML project for work at home

Friday

  • Getting a new cold sore that will probably eat my face (again)
  • Cold and blustery (after a mid-week warm-up)
  • Not speaking with the Major (still)
  • Getting the next phase of the HTML project (to work on at home)

As you can see, not much has changed in my life since Sunday. Sure, I got rid of one massive cold sore (we're talking State of Texas here ... that huge ... we've got scaring going on from this one) . But today while I was eating lunch, I discovered there's a new one brewing smack in the middle of my upper lip. It'll be hard to keep this one hidden. The last one started off really small but then spread -- by the time it was done growing it had suburbs in the middle of what would be my moustache, if I were trailer enough to grow one. Needless to say, I couldn't shave very often. I'm hoping this one will stay small, not call in any friends for a party, and not spread to my nose. Thankfully, I have a metric buttload of abreva. And in case anyone cares, this is all my grandmother's fault -- she gets them and she'd kiss us kids (who didn't know she was a vertiable Typhoid Mary).

Sunday was one of the coldest days here. It warmed up a bit during the week -- nothing too drastic mind you -- but now it's back down into the freeze-your-nipples-off degrees (i.e., the 20's with single digit wind chills) and it's so windy that it cuts through even the heaviest of coats. I am thankful it's not cold like up in Minnesota or Montana, but for here it's heinous.

After successfully attempting to set a world record for "pissing me off with the least number of words possible," a cold war started on Sunday. I'm happy to report that it's still going strong. There is no talking. There is lots of "I'm the Major and I'm going to stay out of the house as long as possible so I don't have to deal with the situation and hope that this will all blow over and I won't have to actually apologize for being a ridiculous idiot." While this could be considered entertainment for, say, Passions or Days of Our Lives, I don't find it particularly amusing. It's kind of hard to make things better when one of the parties involved stays away from the house until 8:30 or 9:30 or sometimes even 10:00 every night. (By the way, did you all watch Days of our Lives when Marlena got possessed by the Devil? Good stuff, good times. Especially when her master plan of evil was to loosen all the nuts on the bolts supporting the chandlier in the church all the while giggling hysterically. Coincidentally, that's roughly when I stopped watching.)

Finally, I spent a good portion of last weekend working on a project at home so I'd be like all caught up at work 'n' stuff. Well, it looks like I'll be getting more work to do at home this weekend.

Stick a fork in me. Please. I'm just done with this week.

No comments: