December 20, 2006

Im Grinchin' Your Xmaz an' Framin' teh Dawg

This is the story of a kitteh whose heart was 2 sizes too small.

Sunday morning the dog woke me up like she always does -- roughly around 7, hyper and ready to play. As I was getting ready to take her for her walk, I noticed there was some shredded ribbon in the doorway to the guest bedroom, i.e.: Roxy's playroom. I started to yell at the dog, but further investigation revealed a still nicely wrapped present, sans ribbon, laying in the middle of the dog's toys. There were no doggie teeth marks, no doggie slobber, just the present placed neatly in the middle of the dog's toys. And the shredded ribbon. And the cat is nowhere to be found.

This morning when I went to feed the dog, I found a mauled ornament in front of the cabinet where we store the dog's food. It used to be one of those ball ornaments, but now it was missing the top part where the cap for the hanger fits. I picked up the the ball part of the ornament, and threw it away. I hauled the dogfood over to Roxy's dish to feed her and that's when I noticed a trail of ornabitz leading from the cabinet to her food and water bowls. Before I yelled at the dog for savaging an ornament, I checked the main pieces of the now deceased ornament and noticed that once again there were no dog sized teeth marks. No dog drool. Just a thrashed ornament around the dog's stuff and the kitteh is again nowhere to be found.

Grinch kitteh must be grasping for straws here. Destroying things around the house and then trying to frame the dog. Did I mention that I sprayed the greater tree area with no-scratch to keep kurious kats away? Did I mention that the cat likes to roll around and attempt to shred the no-scratched tree skirt? I have a masochistic, evil, mafia-esque, frame the dog cat on my hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kinda cat!!! He'll probably end up starring in a Takashi Miike flick soon.

Anonymous said...

Your kitten must be related to mine. Last night when I got home from work, I found my laptop half way across my living room from where I keep it. Knocked on the floor with the small table I keep it on, upside down on top of it. Explain to me how a kitten did that? Then as I was wrapping christmas gifts, she would rip the paper off of them as soon as I would finish each one. Trixie is pushing it- the jury is still out if she's going to make it to her 9 month birthday. It makes me not feel quite as bad about literally kicking her out of bed that morning. Wonder if she'd bounce from the 3rd floor like a hushpuppy? :-)

jen said...

sounds like some people around here...

*looks at my office monster*