January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

It was a very quiet New Year chez our place. We stayed in and watched movies with a friend of ours. I saw a movie from Spain that I really liked – Cachorro. It reminded me of how much I like foreign films. They’re not always the feel-good drek that pervades American cinema. Although this movie did have a feel-good ending, it wasn’t overly sentimental or cheesy or campy. Just right for the overall tone of the movie.

New Year’s Day was a laze around the house fest until we both decided to get up and terrorize Boston Market and the Verizon store. I’m now the envy of the town with my new phone … the NV. Most likely, no one gives a care that I have a new phone but it makes me happy. It’s got a ton of features my last phone didn’t have, and the one that I think will come in the most handy is the mobile IM feature. That and the NV opens to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard. I can definitely say, I’m completely over the push a button 3 to 10 times to get the character you want. And that “spell-matching” software never seemed to spell the word I wanted.

Finally, I have no plans to make any resolutions this year. I am going to quit smoking sometime this year. But other than that I’m going to enjoy life and take things one day at a time.
Wishing you all a very healthy, happy and peace-filled 2007.

No comments: