January 30, 2007

I Really Think So

As part of my self-improvement plans for 2007, I'm going to attempt to learn something new. (Besides the knitting, you punks.) I've bought a Japanese book that incorporates the grammar (i.e., how to speak it) and all the written characters as well. This is a good thing because most of the books I saw just had the Japanese transliterated into Roman script (romanji in Japanese). I'm a bit of a completionist ... so having it all in one place makes me happy. Later on after things calm down in my life, I'll start applying myself. And I think I want to get a practice book to learn all the characters. I've seen them at Borders, and I think they're relatively cheap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want someone to practice with?

AJ said...

When I actually start learning, that would be great! I know that the best way to learn is by speaking, reading, writing and listening. So, having a partner would be great.