January 2, 2007

Necxorsism Update

I haven’t posted about my trip to the necxorsist, because I wanted to enjoy my holidays and not think about what he told me. Now that the holidays are over and I’m back to the daily grind, I figure it’s a good time to blog about my busted neck.

My latest trip to the Orthopedic Surgeon yielded some interesting results. The doctor I spoke with is the lead doctor on my case. We spoke for a while about my general health and pain levels. The net-result is that I have to have surgery. I’ve tried all the non-invasive procedures and they work at the short-term level, but my pain levels will return to the baseline level within days. This fact is why the doctor is recommending surgery.

In most cases, the disk herniation will resolve by itself, and your body will absorb it right back into itself. However, in a statistically relevant number of cases, the herniation needs to be removed physically because it never gets absorbed. I’m in the latter category.

I have a follow-up with another of my doctors tomorrow, and I want to get a second opinion from him. I may even speak with my family doctor before I make any final decisions. I have however, been referred to 2 surgeons that can do the operation.
It appears my adventures with the necxorsism are going to continue for a while longer.

No comments: