August 6, 2007

And Yet I Still Live

Last week was heinous. By the time Saturday afternoon rolled around, I had worked 56 hours. I'm still not in any condition to physically handle that much work, so I was combating physical exhaustion all last week. Predictably, I got a good nap in Saturday afternoon and slept pretty much all day on Sunday.

For the most part, last week's meeting was a success, and there was very litte friction amongst the participants. On the other hand, I had huge handfuls of nasty dumped in my lap while I was trying to make sure the logistics for this meeting came off without a glitch. There is only one real job function I have that I truly hate, and the powers-that-be decided that I would be spending the better part of last week doing that.

On top of having a bunch of people in the office and dealing with the Task-I-Hate-More-Than-Anything, I was informed that my timesheets have been reviewed back to my start date in 2002 to get an accurate picture of how much vacation/sick time I have or don't have. This is apparently what the company does when one has to take leave due to a serious illness and/or surgery. It's going to be a hot mess, and I'm less than pleased about it.

Anyway, that's where I was last week. This week isn't looking too much better. Something about an arbitrary deadline being moved to the end of the week.

1 comment:

Brian M. Conrad said...

Keep hanging in there, G! At the end of the day, it's just a job. All the real meaningful stuff in life isn't attached to a timesheet.

Word.