August 15, 2007

Double Swirl Fun

I was seriously beginning to think that my edutainment was going to suffer this year. But then out of nowhere, the Atlantic kicked it into high gear. We've currently got Tropical Storm Dean (soon to be Hurricane Dean) playing out near some islands. It may even make landfall in the States. Then as a bonus, out of nowhere, Tropical Strom Erin just popped up in the Gulf of Mexico. Apparently, Erin's aiming to take out parts of Texas.

I was making due with the antics of Hurricane Flossie -- who has been downgraded, but is still intent on causing some damage to Hawaii. It's just not the same when they're over there in the Pacific. I like my storms to be from the cold, nasty waters of the Atlantic. And now there's 2! Hooray for edutainment!!

Oh, and why is it that any time the media reports on a hurricane said hurricane is 'swirling' towards something? They always 'swirl,' although sometimes they do 'churn.' I think someone needs to send the AP a thesaurus.

3 comments:

Jo said...

U got mad issues. But I love ya anyway. If one of these swirlly types does hit land dont forgeet to protect the BAM! SQEAK! Army of Doom.

Brian M. Conrad said...

Can you really call it edutainment when you're really just hoping for the highest degree of destruction as possible? LOL

AJ said...

Yes. That level of destruction entertains me. But it's also instructive as to how exactly certain types of things are destroyed.

Although, the hurricane we had here a few years ago was not really all that entertaining OR educational.