November 1, 2006

Conspicous Consumption

The AJ is a very happy camper today. I have a select few authors, TV programs, and video games that I get excited about and follow with any regularity. Today, my dear nuggets, Final Fantasy XII hit store shelves. A short jaunt out to Best Buy left my wallet a little lighter, but I came home the proud owner of a shiny brand new copy of my own. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, smarmy salesman at the GameStop. He told me a few weeks ago that if I didn't pre-order my copy at his store, there was no way that I would get a copy of it on release day. Well, foo-on-you! I have one! And there's about 100 other copies down the road at Best Buy.

More than being a video game, Final Fantasy games tend to have superb story lines. It's like playing a novel, the stories are so deep and complex. Final Fantasy X has had the best story line I've ever seen in a game to date. Additionally, there's always a lot to see and do in a FF game -- you can easily dump 100 hours into a game, and not do everything there is to be done.

So, I think we all know what I'm going to be doing until the end of the year.