November 10, 2006

Necksorcism Update

My doctors are in agreement: Tests are needed to determine if I do or do not have nerve damage. They also agree that I've gotten all the benefits I'm going to get from PT at this point. They're conferencing this week to determine if surgery is the next step. And they put me back on vicodin for the pain.

I'm completely back to square one at this point. I have no idea what the course of treatment is going to be. The pain level is about the same as it initially was, but the numbness/tingling is significantly greater than when this first set in. I'm worried, nervous, scared, and of course the Major is out of town until next Friday. I don't fault him for this -- just the story of my life that bad things happen when I'm alone. I've gotten really good at being self-reliant because of this.

For some reason, this situation made me think of one of the many bouts of kidney stones I had in undergrad and graduate school. Two of my fellow RAs were the best friends you could ever hope for and took me to the hospital twice. When I came home, they asked if I needed anything, and offered to go to the grocery store for me. I gave them some money and said get basic sick stuff -- like cranberry juice, and ginger ale. Maybe some non-offense snacks like crackers.

About an hour later, these 2 bitches (I mean that in the most loving way possible) came back giggling their asses off with a bunch of grocery bags. It seemed that they deemed an entire rotisserie chicken was good idea -- along with some other food that they wanted to eat. Granted, it wasn't really what I had in mind, and kind of a waste of money -- but it did make me laugh. And it made me realize that they were really good friends. Now whereever you 2 are, get your punk-asses up here and keep me company! Daddy needs a rotisserie chicken!

No comments: