November 24, 2006

Gobble Gobble

I would just like to take a moment and be thankful for my Thanksgiving. I spent the day entirely by myself. The only time I interacted with other people was on my trip to the 7-11 for a slurpee and when I talked to my mom. And that's just how I wanted the day to be.

I've never been that big on Thanksgiving. I'm indifferent towards turkey (usually it's pretty dry and gross); yams/sweet potatoes are foul and narsty; pumpkin pie has a texture and taste straight from the devil. My family usually does the whole big dinner thing, and then when it's done everyone just sits around and it's pretty darn boring.

So this year I cut out all the food I really don't like, skipped on the being bored and went straight for the let's-have-a-day-when-AJ-does-what-he-wants-to-do. I slept in. I played with the dog. I played video games. I watched some Steve Irwin wannabe get bit by a snouted cobra that he was chasing all over Namibia -- and then after going to the hospital, this moron went back to the place he was bitten and harassed the same cobra sommore. Something about getting the perfect cobra picture. Then I played some more video games. Finally, I curled up in bed with a good book with the dog and cat and eventually drifted off to sleep.

I'm telling you, it just doesn't get much better than that. So, I am abundantly grateful for a quiet low key day that was restful and refreshing. I hope everyone else enjoyed their thanksgiving.

No comments: